Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday, August 31, 2009

Breakfast:
The girls and I had baggies of Cheerios and raisins as we hurried across town to a doctor's appointment I'd almost forgotten!  Breakfast on the run!
The hubby probably had his usual breakfast - scrambled egg, toast, hash brown & OJ.  He's on his own for breakfast.  I'll buy the groceries, but he gets up super duper early, and let's just say....I'm not a morning person!  :-)

Lunch:
My 2-yr-old and I shared chicken fingers & fries from Cane's.  My 4-yr-old ate a Red Baron (microwaved) pepperoni pizza because Cane's uses eggs in their batter and that is lethal for her (oh, and the manager tried to tell me the egg gets "cooked out" of the chicken - what?!?).  So....she didn't have it.  Man, I have to start getting it together to feed the girls and myself healthy lunches on days I'm working in the classroom.  I'm sure once school starts, I'll get into my routine of sandwiches on whole wheat bread, veggies, and fruit.  As of now....yeah, not so much!
The hubby probably had his usual of two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  Again, I buy the groceries, but he's on his own to make his lunch!

Dinner:
We're going to have the last of the lentil vegetable soup with the last of the homemade buttermilk drop biscuits.  If that's not enough to feed all of us, I'll improvise and update tonight!  :-)  Making a new meal in the crock pot tomorrow!

What did your family eat today?

6 comments:

  1. For breakfast we had waffles. For lunch we split Cane's chicken fingers & fries. For dinner we had oven roasted chicken parmesean with greenbeans & for dessert we had cherry dump cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too weird that the twins had the same lunch! I haven't stopped for Cane's in a long time! :-) Did you try the chicken parm recipe from Sharon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that was kinda cooky! Nope, the chicken parm recipe was from one of Charlie's recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure 'nuff, sis! :+)

    Oven Baked Chicken Parmesean:

    1 pkg boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 pkg Shake 'n Bake Chicken Seasoning Mix
    2 c. spagetti sauce
    1 1/2 c. shredded mozerella cheese
    1/4 c. parmesean cheese
    1 tsp. dried oregano leaves

    Coat chicken with Shake 'n Bake mix as directed on pkg. Place in 13x9 backing pan. Bake @ 400deg for 20min or until cooked through. Top each chicken breast with sauce & cheeses. Sprinkle with oregano. Bake an additional 5-10 min. or until cheese is melted.

    Simple & really yummy! My picky 2 year old scarfed it down!! Next time I make it I'm going to serve it over pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for posting it! I'll have to check Shake & Bake to make sure there are no eggs in the ingredients, and if not, might have to add it to my September meal-planning calendar! Thanks again & please be sure to thank Charlie, too!

    ReplyDelete