Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Breakfast:
The girls and I had apples & cinnamon oatmeal and ham for breakfast.
The hubby probably had his usual: egg, toast, hashbrown, & OJ.

Morning Snack:
The girls and I had apple slices with peanut butter.  Yum!

Lunch:
The girls and I had grilled cheese (colby-jack) sandwiches on whole wheat bread with carrot and celery sticks and dressing for dipping.

Afternoon Snack:
The girls had no sugar added strawberry applesauce and whole grain Goldfish crackers.  I had a banana while stuck in traffic for almost an hour (yikes!).

Dinner:
Tried out a new recipe tonight!  It's been cooking in the crock pot all day and smells yummy!  It's from the same blogger who posted the most delicious pulled pork recipe I've ever had!  Tonight, we tried her recipe for Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches.  As she suggests, I served them on French rolls with provolone cheese, and we had grape tomatoes on the side. 

What did your family eat today?

4 comments:

  1. Wow Brooke, that sounds awesome! Please let me know how the french dip goes!!

    Here's how our day went:

    Breakfast
    Honey nut Cheerios & milk

    Snack
    String cheese & apple juice

    Lunch
    Turkey & swiss sandwiches with cheetos

    Dinner
    Hopefully we're having homemade pizza with turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, sauted spinach & onions, and pizza blend shredded cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...since I'm not feeling well with decreasing my steroids again, we're chaging dinner plans. McD's it is. Scott & I will split a chicken nuggets meal & Scotty will have a cheeseburger happy meal with apple slices.
    Hopefully we'll have the homemade pizza tomorrow - it's a favorite around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For dinner, we had cheesy crockpot chicken with pasta and vegetables. For dessert, we had cinnamon carrot cake that the kids and I made for daddy's arrival today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Daddy's home! Congrats, Maranda! Dinner & dessert sound yummy! How long does he get to stay home this time?

    ReplyDelete