Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sorry for the gap in posts! I was down with the flu and my hubby has been in bed with what might be the flu since then. I'm also having trouble using the editing features (bold, italics, etc.) Here we go! Please jump in and share!

Breakfast:
We had egg-free banana muffins. I used The Joy of Cooking's yummy recipe, left out the nuts and used extra oil, water, and baking powder to substitute the egg. Oh my! Possibly my best egg-substitute baking yet! Hooray!
I gave sick hubby a scrambled egg with cheese, and whole wheat toast with butter and all-fruit jelly.

Lunch:
The girls had hotdogs at my in-laws' house. I treated myself to chicken and sausage gumbo, potato salad, and Mississippi Mud Slide (glorified chocolate pudding with whipped cream and crushed chocolate on top) from a local restaurant. Yum!
Hubby had leftover pizza and breadsticks from Papa John's, from when I was sick.

Dinner:
We had leftover spaghetti and meatsauce, spinach, and garlic toast. I added sauteed mushrooms, garlic, and red wine to the sauce. Yum! :-) I think I hear some leftover Mississippi Mud Slide calling my name!

What did your family have for dinner tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment