Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday, October 24, 2011

Breakfast:
The girls had whole grain waffles (egg-free for our big girl) spread with Nutella and natural turkey roll-ups.  They had milk to drink.  I had a whole grain waffle spread with Nutella and coffee.

Lunch:
The girls had saltine crackers with colby jack cheese rectangles, Simply Gogurts, diluted 100% apple juice, and big girl had a fruit pull apart as well.  I was between doctors appointments and errands, so I treated myself to a maki sushi lunch at my fave sushi restaurant near my doctor's office.  Miso soup, California roll & a snowcrab roll = just what this (non)doctor ordered!  :-)

Afternoon Snack:
Little bit threw her leftover lunch away & told me that she ate it, so she has to wait until dinner to eat again.  Big girl had a treat of popcorn while she watched a movie.  She did her homework quickly and very well today & needed to rest her arm, which is now cast-free, but still healing from her break.  The lack of cast makes her arm more tender.  Hoping and praying that the brace will allow her arm to complete its healing process. 

Dinner:
I'm trying this Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup tonight, and will serve it with sourdough french bread.  I made a couple of changes to the recipe due to budget and time constraints.  First, I threw the diced potatoes into the crock pot while still frozen.  Also, instead of frozen onions, I diced a large fresh onion.  I cooked the recipe for 4+ hours on high (because I needed dinner ready on time & doctors appointments didn't get me home in time to get dinner in the crock pot to cook on low for 6-8 hours).  Lastly, instead of bagged American-Cheddar shredded cheese, I shredded 8 oz. of medium cheddar cheese.  As I type this, the milk/flour mixture has been in the crock pot for about 15 minutes, so dinner is about 20ish minutes out.  I'll try to post about what the family thinks of this recipe later tonight!


Soup before cheese

Yummy cheese!

Delish!

Mmmmm!  Warm and yummy in our tummies!

What did your family eat today?
God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Lunch: pb&j on rolls (wish I could have had sushi like the crazy lady who writes this blog. Hehehe. Love you sis.)
    Dinner: chicken drumsticks with white beans over rice.
    Dessert: cinnamin applesauce

    ReplyDelete