Monday, October 10, 2011

Sauteed Spinach

I had half of a bag of baby spinach, extra garlic, and lemon quarters to use, so I threw together this side dish.

  • ~1 tsp. olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, diced
  • 1/2 bag baby spinach
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • juice from 1/4 lemon
  • 1 tsp. butter
Heat the olive oil over medium low heat & saute the garlic until it's toasty, but not brown or burned because that just ruins the dish with bitterness.  Add the baby spinach & saute until wilted.  Add the salt, pepper, lemon juice, and a small pat of butter, about 1 tsp.  Cook until the spinach is the desired doneness.  I enjoy very well-cooked spinach, probably because I grew up on canned spinach.  I found this to be very yummy!  *Have to add this!  I just asked the hubby if he would prefer canned spinach or tonight's spinach & he said he preferred tonight's spinach! Score!*

Here's the sauteed spinach served with Filipino Adobo Chicken & brown rice (October 10, 2011)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment